- Current Physiotherapist on ATP World Tour – works at Grand Slams such as Australian Open and Wimbledon as well as Masters and Tour events
- Post-Graduate Sports Physiotherapist - Master of Sports Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy/Exercise Science
- Quality Sports Medicine to help your game, stay on court longer and get the most out of your body to enjoy movement
- Skills in Manipulative Therapy, Soft-tissue management, Dry-needling, ASCA level 1 coach, Exercise Prescription
- Wide variety of experience in treating Sports Injuries of various backgrounds from Elite Sportspeople to weekend warriors, juniors, veterans and everyone in between
Ben is a leader in the provision of high-level Sports Physiotherapy care. He has worked in a variety of sports but has taken a specific focus to tennis whereby he works on the ATP World Tour with some of the world’s best athletes. He has also worked with other sports including TAC cup Football, Australian National Shield Rugby Union and Premier State Division Soccer.
Ben’s pathway in Physiotherapy has also included working in acute hospital rotations and private practice settings from rural clinics to some of Australia’s premier sports medicine poly-clinics. His special interests areas are sports injuries (in particular tennis), shoulders and lumbo-pelvic injuries. His approach focuses on establishing an early and accurate diagnosis. He then provides the patient with a detailed plan of their pathway and prognosis. Once this is established, it is very much a collaborative approach between clinician and the patient where he utilizes his strong skill-set of manual therapy skills (including dry-needling and manipulative techniques) and then integrates this with a specific exercise prescription (ranging from real-time ultrasound to high-end gym-set-up to guide the patient to a complete recovery.
Outside of Physiotherapy, Ben loves travelling, good food, friends, family and getting to the beach as often as possible.
- Bachelor of Bachelor of Physiotherapy (2004), Masters of Sports Physiotherapy (2010),
- Graduate Certificate of Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning) (2013)
- Certified Pilates Instructor, ASCA level 1 coach, dry needling certification and skills in manipulative, manual and soft tissue therapy
Belinda is a passionate Sports Physiotherapist with a special interest in exercise and strength and conditioning, having undertaken post graduate studies in Strength & Conditioning at Edith Cowan University. Belinda has worked in Tennis for the last 8 years. After working at ITF tournaments and the National Academy with Tennis Australia, Belinda left to live in Florida and has spent the last 6 years working with the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) world tour, traveling globally to tournaments including Grand Slam and Masters events. Belinda is also completed a life-long dream and working at the Rio Olympics last year.
Belinda has also worked throughout Australia and worked extensively in Sports Medicine and Football teams. Specializing in the female athlete she also has a special interest in adolescent injuries and health, with a strong focus on preventative therapy. Belinda coordinates the exercise classes at Grand Slam Physiotherapy. Belinda loves running, cooking and a good glass of red wine.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (2001)
- Level 3 Sports Physiotherapy (2009)
Amrita has extensive experience in both private practice and hospitals, having worked alongside renowned orthopaedic surgeons and Podiatrists in Melbourne. A keen netballer in her youth, she became a team physio for the Melbourne Kestrels Netball Team (in the former Australian Netball League), as well as for Netball Victoria State Teams and the Australian 21&Under Netball Team. Amrita has strong manual therapy skills, which she combines with specific muscle rehabilitation and Clinical Pilates. She has worked with the Royal Marines in the UK, lectured for Sports Medicine Australia and was the physiotherapist co-ordinator for the Melbourne Oxfam Trailwalker. Amrita enjoys running, yoga and chasing after her 3 young children on the beach after returning to live on the Surf Coast where she was born and bred.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Phone: (03) 52772151
GRAND SLAM PHYSIOTHERAPY
1-3 Hepner Place, NORTH GEELONG 3215